We are looking to hire a Sales Engineer to be based in our Leeuwarden (The Netherlands) office. As part of the sales team, you will bring added-value and technical know-how to the sales process. You will play a crucial role in researching opportunities in (international) sales projects. Your main task will be the preparation of extensive, carefully prepared quotations that include detailed technical and commercial information for our international customers. You will work closely with a team of specialists within the Berghof Membranes organization in Leeuwarden, loaning your support to our Regional Sales Managers in finalizing sales contracts and agreements. Our sales team in Leeuwarden consists of sales engineering, after-sales, order management and customer support. You will report to the Global Sales Director of Berghof Membranes.
Your most important tasks
- You will translate the customers’ requests into technical and commercial opportunities;
- You will coordinate the development process of finalizing technical and mechanical designs. You will provide all process related documentation in the quotation phase such as P&IDs, PFDs and drawings. You will work in close collaboration with our technology department;
- You will be responsible for cost calculation, as well as technical and commercial specifications;
- You will develop customer/sales quotations based on the above information;
- You will work closely with our regional sales managers and customers, providing the necessary technical and commercial support . You will process and manage all relevant information via and within Salesforce;
- You will provide necessary support with service contracts, service and warranty requests.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar field
- Experience and knowledge of membrane (bioreactor) technology/water technology is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch. German is an advantage.
- Proactive team player who is comfortable balancing commercial with technological arguments.
- You are both result and customer driven. You work well under pressure, you are flexible and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- You will serve as the link between technology, sales and after-sales.
- Ability to work between 32-40 hours per week.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Sales Engineer” in the subject line. For more information, contact Rick te Lintelo, Global Sales Director Berghof Membranes, at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: acquisition by recruitment agencies regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Berghof Membranes believes in creating a clean environment for all generations, providing the best solutions for sustainable industrial growth. We offer quality solutions that contribute to reducing water scarcity, minimizing energy consumption and reusing valuable raw materials.
Berghof Membranes, part of the Berghof Group, is one of the leading manufacturers of tubular membranes. With 50+ years of experience and over 1500 installations in more than 90 countries across the globe, Berghof Membranes is a specialist for the filtration and separation of industrial process streams and wastewater. We sell our robust membranes and skids through our global sales offices and worldwide network of OEM partners.